Thursday 6 February 2014

I am a survivor.

Cancer might have attacked me but I am going to attack life back with a vengeance. And live well. What more can I do? But live well. I now have custody of my thirteen year old. He was kicked and punched by his father. My son refused to go back home and at first the social workers would not even let him come to my house, accusing me of parental conflict. The lies my ex is perpetuating are horrific. He is working hard at alienating the children from me. But finally I was able to get him and he is doing much better. His anger issues are calming, he is doing his homework, he is no longer failing french and english, he is motivated and happy. Skiing has been a way of getting out his frustrations and he is losing some of the extra weight that was making him unhappy.

So what do I do now to support him? I wrote about women who were not only surviving, but thriving in spite of horrific circumstances in my last post. Since then I have had time to think and consider and also to be mistreated by the social workers and my ex. I have also had time to finish chemotherapy. I now have a plan. I am a good teacher, I am good at conflict resolution and I am awesome at motivation and organization. After having started and run five businesses, homeschooled ten kids (successfully, might I add, their public school teachers were impressed), done numerous extensive home renovations and projects, birthed at home alone five times, attended other's births, led homeschooling workshops and encouraged many other parents in their homeschooling/educational journey, I have started a home tutoring/organizational coaching service. I believe that I have the skills necessary to help other families succeed in educating their children and organizing their homes. As long as one of the parents is not a sociopath. I am very excited about this new project. I will be one of those women who survive and THRIVE in spite of a sociopathic, narcissistic ex who is hell-bent on destroying me and any happiness I could have.

Here's to the start of a new chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment